Take a tour!
- Come to our facility and check out the space
- Ask any questions you may have
- See how the kitchen functions and what equipment we have
After your tour
- We'll send an email with next steps including the member application
- Once your application is submitted, we will review it with Lauren Carey, our consultant
- We will reach out to you and let you know the items you need to complete before becoming a member. We will also send you an agreement to sign virtually, agreeing to the costs associated with becoming a member. These fees can be spread across the first three months of your membership.
What you need to become a legal member of /Levən/
- A valid business license
- A Department of Agriculture license
- Purchase/maintain general liability insurance not less than $1 million with /Levən/ to be designated as the secondary or contingent insured, in addition to worker’s compensation insurance
- ServSafe manager certification
You cannot begin reserving spaces until you and your staff have taken the face to face on-boarding class with our kitchen manager.
Due to COVID-19, onboarding can only be done one food business at a time.
Once you've completed our on-boarding, uploaded all your documents, and you have completed all the forms, we will move you to an active member and you can begin to reserve times on the calendar.
You will be able to reserve space for up to sixty days out. You will have up to 72 hours before your reservation to cancel.
You will be billed at the end of each month for the hours you scheduled in the kitchen and/or the classroom, your storage, any items you have bought through our pantry, any classes you participated in, any time overage you may have, and your Stripe processing fee.
Your bill will be sent to you on the 1st of every month, and the money will be debited from your account on the 5th.
Frequently asked questions
We are currently certified under the Department of Agriculture. Please make sure your food business falls under this category.
How quickly can I get into the space?
It depends on how many items on our checklist you have. If you have all the items needed to be a Leaven member, you could get into the space as soon as you complete onboarding. Please refer to the list above for those items.
Who needs to be ServSafe certified?
Although most kitchens allow one person from each business to be certified, we need anyone who is spending more than ten hours a week in the kitchen to be certified as a food handler. We believe this will help maintain the highest health and safety standards for all members.
Do you have to be a potential member to get ServSafe certified through you?
You don't! You can get certified through us, no matter where your kitchen is. Regular fees apply.
Can I do an on-boarding class before I have all of my documentation?
You can. You will, however, still have to pay the $100.
What are your safety measures?
Our facility will be monitored by cameras and an alarm system 24 hours a day. We will be using an app for access into the building. Each business will have one code given to the business' Point of Contact. This POC will be able to allow their team in remotely. We will also have at least one staff member on site during kitchen hours. Please refer to our Covid-19 response page for more details on how we are managing Leaven with your health and safety in mind.
Is this facility 24/7?
/Levən/ will start off being open 18 hours a day. Our goal is to grow enough to expand to 24 hours at the beginning of 2021